Add the PWI Blog to Your Google Homepage

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can Chris Jericho Win The DWTS Title?


Let me start by saying that I am not a PWI staff writer; I actually work in the magazine’s circulation department. But if I am qualified to write about one thing, it’s Dancing With The Stars. I haven’t missed an episode in the show's 12 seasons on TV and may be its biggest fan.

I think Publisher Stu Saks got a little sick of hearing me talk about the show, so he finally got smart and decided to put my expertise to good use. Obviously, since this a wrestling blog, my focus will be on Chris Jericho. I will attempt to answer the question that’s on most fans’ minds. Can Chris and his partner, Cheryl Burke, win the mirror ball trophy?

I think they have a good chance. Chris is very light on his feet and is a very good dancer. In Season 2, Cheryl won the trophy with her partner, Drew Lachey, who, ironically, beat Stacy Keibler and Tony Dovolani.

When Chris shows that winning smile, it brings a lot to the dance. He is a crowd-pleaser. The first night he and Cheryl did a jive-type dance, and Chris’ athletic training was on full display. The past Monday night, Chris and Cheryl did a quick step, which brought the crowd to their feet. I like when they show the families of the dancers. Chris’ seven-year-old son was jumping up and down showing how proud he was.

The only competition that I see for Chris and Cheryl come from Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff and Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, with Hines Ward and Kym Johnson having an outside chance.

I feel that this is the best group of competitors for Dancing With The Stars yet. So let's keep watching and voting for Chris and Cheryl. As long as they’re still in the competition, I’ll keep blogging.

Dianne Weber
Senior Dance Critic, PWI

PHOTO: ABC/ADAM TAYLOR

No comments: